Chemical and mineralogical analysis of sediments and soils
We offer a wide variety of laboratory analysis and data interpretation services, including:
- Chemical analysis by ICP-OES and ICP-MS, with comprehensive interpretation using a variety statistical methods (including principal component analysis, agglomerative hierarchical cluster analysis, correlation coefficients), with results provided in tabular and graphical form with an interpretive description.
- Mineralogical analysis by XRD (including identification of the mineral species present in the sample)
- Optical and scanning electron microscopic examination and image capture (we can image a wide range of materials, on a range of scales with many output options)
- Quantitative colour analysis using a Minolta CM-2002 Spectrophotometer, with tabular and graphical results in several different colour systems (L*a*b*, C*h*, Munsell Index, or % refelctance across the wavelength spectrum)
- Loss on ignition and acid weight loss determination (at different temperatures, results determined to 0.0001 g)
- Particle shape and surface texture analysis (for hand specimens to microscopic size)
Our pricing structure is dependent upon the number of samples and turnaround time required. Please contact us for a quote.